Dear Parents and Students
There is a new page on our website called ‘Homework’ which has all the work given out to the classes on Thursday last.
You just have to click on the link for the appropriate class.
Here is a list of some useful websites
- Go Noodle: A huge selection of free videos, including dancing, exercise, meditation, reflection activities. Something for everyone. https://family.gonoodle.com/
- Twinkle- for extra worksheets and lots of activities. They have an offer for free subscription for a month twinkl.ie offer and use code IRLTWINKLHELPS
- 10@10: daily 10 minute exercise videos – https://rtejr.rte.ie/10at10/
- Stories for all ages read by famous actors https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Online audio stories http://www.onlineaudiostories.com/Hour of code: This site gives access to a wide range of coding activities for all levels. Many are free (some require a subscription). https://hourofcode.com/ie/learn
- Oxford Owl: the Free e-Library from Oxford Reading Tree. Read a new book every day. Book titles suitable for 3 – 11 year olds. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
- Nessy: Sign up for the free 1 month trial of Nessy. Nessy programs are designed to help students of all abilities learn to read, write, spell and type. Visit https://www.nessy.com/uk/
Some Maths sites
- Top Marks website: Huge selection of learning games covering all the curricular areas. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
- Prodigy Maths: This is a free maths challenge game suitable for pupils from 1st to 6th class. https://www.prodigygame.com/
Ixl matches skills and games to the Irish Curriculum for Mathshttps://ie.ixl.com/math/